Monday, September 20, 2010

First Fight Part II

This was definitely the time when I needed to break out "Faking the Funk". I was totally upset and it seemed as if all my doubts and fears from the previous week had been actualized.

I was on my way to Quinci's house. I earlier told her that I was going out with Stacy and his friends for his birthday celebration and I wanted her to come along to even out the male : female ratio. But this time, I told her we were going to have a girl's night out instead; I planned to forget about Stacy and how upset he had made me... if only for the rest of the night. After I called her to let her know I was on my way, Stacy ringed me shortly after. Now, just like any upset girlfriend, the thought of ignoring his call crossed my mind. I considered it for a few moments but decided to answer and see what he wanted.

"Where are you?", He asked.
"I'm on my way to Quinci's", I said.
"Well, turn around and come back. I want us to hang out tonight."
"But I thought you were going to Love..."

He went ahead and explained that he told the boys to go ahead without him and that he rather just go out with me instead.

"Are you sure?" I asked.
I continued to insist he go out. I even offered to drive him and drop him off there to meet his friends. After all, I didn't want him to resentful that because of my bitch fit he wasn't allowed to do what he wanted. The sides had reversed; I didn't want him to be mad at me because I'd ruined his night.

"Yes, I'm sure. I want to be with you, I love you", he said.

On my way to his house, I still was amazed that he choose me over the boys. I think that sometimes us girls get used to getting the shorter end of the stick and so, in a way, I was upset at Stacy earlier but I wasn't surprised at his initial decision to go out with his friends. But when he told me he has changed his mind, and he decided to spend his birthday night with me and only me, please believe that I was grinining from ear to ear because I knew, for sure this time, that this boy must really love me.

Cause we all know when a guy's attention is fading, there's little a gal can do to pull him away from the prospects of a guy's night out. Although I argued that he should be with his friends, he choose to be with me.

Later, we went out and had a great night. It felt like we were first dating again: fun and easy going, without the nervousness of when people are getting to know each other.

I've realized that I'm beginning to really settle in this relationship and I've stop panicking when little things don't go the way I'd like them to go. Now, I think I better understand that our relationship is getting stronger and we'll be able to face the bigger issues and problems as they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails