Thursday, August 5, 2010

I Split My Pants - Part II

I told him how I ripped my pants and had to call Quinci. How I was just tired of feeling uncomfortable and awkward and most of all about how I was tired of my weight and this pants malfunction had made me even more frustrated.

"Well, do you want to lose weight?" he asked
"Yes."
"Do you want me to help you?"
"No." The last thing I needed was him to be giving me dirty looks if I popped a cookie in my mouth or went hard into some ice cream.
I added, " And please don't bring this up again unless I bring it up first" I could imagine how upset it would make me if he periodically asked me how's my diet going, whether I went to the gym, or how many pounds I've lost/gained. I shuddered at the thought.
"You're fine, Winnie, You're fine" he kept repeating. " I love you and you're beautiful".
When he said that I finally started to feel better.
"You know you've got to tell me these things" he smiled, "I thought it was something serious."

We talked for a few more minutes and I asked him if I could have a moment to get myself together. He left the room and told me he'd send Quinci down as soon as she arrived.

When she got there I told her about what happened and she gave me the leggings.
"I don't know why you do this to yourself" she said " you're so pretty, you could be a plus size model,"

But I'm not a model I thought. And I never said I was ugly. Sometimes, people just don't understand. That's why I hate to bring it up in the first place.

Stacy came in and checked on us a few times and I thought it was so sweet. He really was concerned. We ended up going upstairs later to join the rest of the party but since it was still early, there was only a few people on the porch and the patio. While Quinci went outside to say hello to everyone, I  peeped the kitchen for something to eat. I knew that it was Day 6 but I was just so hungry and keeping this hunger strike during an emotional episode was just too much. I saw a cake of brownies on the counter, I cut me a piece, and went to sit on the couch.
As I was enjoying my little brownie, Stacy walked in and asked me if I was fine. Realizing that I just told this man I want to lose weight I couldn't have him see me eating a brownie, So I put it by my side, shook my head and smiled--- my mouth full of chocolatey goop.

He smiled back on his way outside and I finished eating. I thought about what just happened and how we crossed a major bridge in our relationship.

A wall had just came down. I had never, ever, ever told a man that I wanted to lose weight. And certainly never cried in his arms about it.

Oh, boy... Stacy was wearing those walls out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails