Thursday, July 29, 2010

23 Day Affair: New Year's Resolution

I was 23 days into this all liquid diet and I couldn't wait for news years day to finally come. That's when I told my self that I was going to break the fast and finally have something to eat. It had started off as the master cleanse diet (ie. Beyonce) but after 10 days or so I couldnt drink anymore of that lemonade concoction so I just started drinking whatever was on hand.... juice, milk, beer (dont judge me)... all long as it was edible, I'd drink it.  I would like to claim I was using the diet to cleance and rejuvenate by system but I knew I wasn't fooling anyone... especially my friends and co-workers who asked me what was that yellow liquid I keep drinking all day. I dont know about other phatties, but sometimes I feel like I reach a place with my weight  where it's just no longer acceptable. I have to lose weight and I have to lose weight now. This "phat epiphony" is usually brought on by a particular fat picture that undoubtedly was taken without my consent, or some type of change that made me realize my body wasn't growing in that direction I'd hoped for. Too tight clothes, decreased male attention, or overall discomfort were the main culprits.

Anywho, I said enough is enough and started my journey to stomachs pangs, frequent bathroom breaks, and eventually a smaller waistline.

Around the 19 day I was craving steak like no body's business. Never being a meat fan, lord knew where the craving came from but I figured it was some craving created by something my body was clearly missing: Something savory, chewable, and with protein.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this was a healthy or good way to lose weight, I'm just telling what I did and what happened. I think we all do things that we know aren't right and this happens to be something silly I did to find a way to feel comfortable with myself (because really thats the main reason why anyone wants to lose weight).

Why 23 days u ask? Because I tried to start on the first of December to the end and just couldn't do it. I spent the next 8 days starting and stoping.  On the 9th day, I just did it.
During my 23 day affair with liquid, the morning was my favorite time of day which is amazing for me because I loathe mornings and will sleep to noon if you let me.  I loved waking up to get on the scale to see how much weight I had lost. 2 llbs here, 1 there.

On day 10 I ended up going to a holiday party at Stacy's.  I went to H &M earlier that week and found a fitted black dress, something to show off the 15 lbs I'd already lost. I had a great night, and felt so confident. I lot of the guys there I had already knew and it seemed like they were particularly nicer to me... maybe a fluke but I doubt it. Mingling was easy and I wasn't clingy to Stacy even though he was the only one I was dating.

The success of the night just made me want to continue. Stacy was going back west for Christmas and I know I had time to work on me and the diet while he wasn't around. I knew that because most of my friends were away, I wouldn't be persuaded into eating by going out, partying, or hanging out with friends.

The new years party I went to with my sorority sister , Quinci, was the light at the end of the tunnel. We got there early, dressed and glowing and I felt better than I had in a long time...umm. sans the hunger.
I was 24 lbs lighter and I saw it in my face, feet, waist,...everywhere.

On the dance floor, as we were part of the special perks of being so early, I noticed that they had a buffet. Hell, it was only 3 hours till Jan. 1st and they had macroni and cheese, fried fish, meatballs, and greens. I told Quinci I was just gonna have a taste ( and OMG is was the best thing I've ever tasted in my life).  The rest of the night was a mix of drinking ciroc on the house, texting Stacy, and thinking about what wonderfulness I was going to finally eat in the morning.

Fast forward to the morning...

I was lying in bed and totally out of it, memory blotchy but from the look of the vomit next to the bed, I knew I had too much to drink and me and the diet had officially broke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails