Friday, July 30, 2010

I Hate My Job

Well, not really. But I hate what I’m doing. I push paper all day long and it’s not the kind of paper (green) that I’d like to be pushing. The job is just so mundane and tedious. It’s not the sort of career that I had imagined… but I suppose in this day and age I should be thankful. It’s close to home, and they let me have flexible hours while I finish grad school. They pay me well enough since I can support myself on a part time salary. But with all this said, it makes it that much harder to find something else that could make me happy.

I mean, who wants to wake up in the morning and think to themselves, “damn, how many PTO hours do I have left?” (hoping its enough to call in that day). I just hate it. I want to love my job as it appears that it’s unlikely that I’ll score a rich husband. And for the first time in my life, I’m seriously entertaining the thought of playing the lotto… just so I can give the deuces to my boss.

I try looking for jobs that I actually wouldn’t mind doing but they aren’t as convenient as my current place and they don’t pay nearly as much. So just to earn what I’m earning now I’ll have to work twice as much and still go to school at the same time. Yeah? No…

Still, I can’t keep this up much longer. I don’t want to look up, 30 years have passed by and I’m still doing this. But maybe this is what I need to do until I finish school… then I’ll be more flexible?

I put in an application for a new job last Friday, I hope they call me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails