Friday, July 30, 2010

Phatties

I use the word "Phatty" with the most respectful intentions. For me, it's a term of endearment. A lot of girls use BBW (big beautiful women) and other acronyms, but for me I found using the word "phatty" to describe ourselves is empowering. I mean, clearly Phatties have a lot more...um...fat on their bones--and that's OK. So I find the term both ghetto-fabulous (i.e. Baby Phat) and accurate. Cece from "The Big Girl Blog" uses the term "Plus-Sized Princess (PSP)". I dont care for the term "plus-size" but love "princess"... so overall I'm satisfied with PSP.

I hope no one is offended by my use of the term phatty. What do you think? What are some ways that you prefer to be called that distinguish you apart from thin women?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails